- Invoking a BAPI with return parameters named differently than RETURN threw an exception.
SAP BAPI v2.0.0 brings a total re-design of the activities from the previous versions. The SAP BAPI wizard as well as the two previous activities, Open SAP Connection and Close SAP Connection, have been deprecated.
They have now made way for the SAP Application Scope and Invoke SAP BAPI activities, which follow the classic model of centering around a scope activity, which handles the connection to an app.
The Open SAP Connection and Close SAP Connection activities are no longer available for use. However, workflows created with these activities continue to be supported for execution.
- An exception was thrown when using the Invoke SAP BAPI activity with BAPIs that contained table or structure attributes with
DBNulltype input parameters.
- When invoking a BAPI that has no input, output, or in/out parameters other than a
RETURNtype, an error was thrown.
- Fixed an issue in the wizard-generated workflow that caused
DataTabletype arguments to have
DataTablearguments in the generated workflow now have columns with the
ABAPdata type mapped to the correct C# data type.
- Fixed an issue that prevented BAPIs that required a commit from being saved.
This is the first release of the SAP BAPI activities pack. This package enables RPA Developers to invoke a SAP BAPI using a workflow. The package comes with a SAP BAPI Wizard that enables the user to generate a workflow for a specified BAPI.
This workflow can then be invoked from any automation process by using the Invoke Workflow File activity. The Open SAP Connection and Close SAP Connection activities manage a connection to the SAP Instance. It is unique for each SAP Instance you connect to and, once obtained, it is stored in a
IConnectionService proprietary variable, and can be subsequently used throughout your automation projects for connecting to the said SAP Instance.
If filtered by using the Search bar, the table in the Arguments section of the SAP BAPI Wizard is not refreshed when navigating to the Generate section and back.