We have improved error messages throughout the entire activity pack, so you can solve issues faster and with less hassle.
As you're probably used to by now, month after month we draw closer to our final goal of creating the ultimate document processing platform. Alongside the first enterprise release of this year, the IntelligentOCR activities pack has been imbued with some new activities, as follows:
The UiPath.DocumentProcessing.Contracts pack enables you to implement your own extractor and classifier activities by simply referencing it. This assembly contains all the classification and extraction interfaces that underlie the IntelligentOCR activities.
The Taxonomy Manager now displays the Document Type ID of the document type that is being edited.
While migrating to the public UiPath.DocumentProcessing.Contracts, the IntelligentOCR v2.0.0 activity pack introduces breaking changes for the Classify Document Scope and Train Classifiers And Extractors activities.
- Opening the Data Extraction Wizard throws an error when the Data Extraction Scope activity or a parent activity are commented out.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Present Validation Station activity to throw an exception when processing certain
- Digitize Document was unable to detect check boxes in certain documents.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Process Document activity to throw an error when processing large PDF files.
The Taxonomy Manager is the next piece of the document processing puzzle, a wizard created to help you build custom taxonomy files which can then be reused across processes.
We have developed the Load Taxonomy activity, which grants you the ability to load a taxonomy created with the aid of the Taxonomy Manager wizard into a variable which can then be passed on to other activities.
The DegreeOfParallelism property has been added to the Digitize Document activity, enabling you to perform OCR analysis on multiple pages simultaneously. This is not a breaking change, so old workflows still function properly after updating to the latest version of the pack.
The IntelligentOCR pack is now upgraded to .NET Framework v4.6.1.
MatchingDocumentDefinition property of the
FCDocument variable has been exposed. Assigning it to a variable generates the same result as a Classify Document activity.
- The Tesseract OCR engine fails to properly read images with black borders.
The IntelligentOCR pack has been upgraded with some new activities that regard document classification. These activities are:
- Fixed an issue which caused the Process Document activity to crash when processing documents that contained check boxes.
- Certain types of
- Certain types of
.jpgfiles caused the Digitize Document activity to throw errors.
- In certain circumstances, editing a table with confidence below 100% and making no changes to it modified the confidence to 100%.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Extract manual token as reference for this field button to remain disabled.
The Digitize Document activity has been improved performance-wise with some backend changes.
Fixed an issue which caused certain UI elements to flicker in the Validation Station wizard.
OperatorConfirmed flag in the
ExtractionResults JSON file remained
False regardless of whether an user had confirmed the extraction results or not.
In certain cases, the Prepare Validation Station Data activity could not read document information from
This new year brings two more languages in the entire UiPath Platform - French and Russian. Since we layed down the foundations of localization in our previous release, we are continuing our efforts in bringing you a more immersive experience and lowering the language barrier bit by bit.
- Fixed an issue which caused the FlexiCapture engine to always return a confidence score of 100.
The IntelligentOCR package has received a major update, as we've developed three new activities that enable you to approach Document Processing in a much simpler manner. The new activities are:
- Present Validation Station - offers attended users the ability to make real-time CRUD (Create, Read, Update, and Delete) operations on documents for the purpose of classification and human data validation and extraction.
- Prepare Validation Station Data - creates a bridge between FlexiCapture's Process Document activity and the new Validation Station, ensuring a much more user-friendly data validation experience.
- Digitize Document - provides a new way of generating text versions from incoming documents, being able to process any PDF and most image formats.
The moment is finally here - the entire UiPath Platform has been localized, so that you can have a truly immersive experience, from install to design and execution. Now, besides English, you can access everything, including our online documentation, in Japanese.
To step up on our OCR game, coming to the aid of your digitization efforts, we have integrated the capabilities of the ABBYY FlexiCapture SDK into the new UiPath.IntelligentOCR.Activities pack, which contains the following:
- IntelligentOCR Scope - Initializes the ABBYY FlexiCapture engine and provides a scope for all IntelligentOCR activities.
- Process Document - Processes a document with the FlexiCapture engine and converts it to an
FCDocumentvariable which can be used in other activities.
- Classify Document - Enables you to classify a given document based on an ABBYY classifier file and one or more templates.
- Export Document - Exports FlexiCapture documents to one of the
- Get Field - Retrieves a specified field from an
FCDocumentvariable and returns it as an
- Get Table - Retrieves a specified table from an
FCDocumentvariable and returns it as an
- Validate Document - Validates a processed document contained in a
FCDocumentvariable by using the ABBYY SDK and returns it in the same format.