- The Read Range activity did not read the cell specified in the Range property if the Use Filter check box was not selected.
This pack brings several new key features for Excel automation, including new properties for Excel Application Scope and Execute Macro. Bug fixes were applied to multiple areas, and a new activity has also joined the pack, enabling users to invoke VBA functions for passing macros, called Invoke VBA.
- A new property, EditPassword, has been added to the Excel Application Scope activity. It can hold the password needed for editing protected workbooks.
- To avoid situations when a new workbook was automatically created when the path was not correctly specified, Excel Application Scope now has a new property, Create New File. Once selected, if no workbook can be found at the specified path, a new workbook file is created at the same path.
- Two new properties have been added to the Execute Macro activity. Macro Parameters enables you to pass multiple parameters to a macro when running it, while Macro Output retrieves any values returned by executing the macro.
- The Invoke VBA activity has been introduced to the Excel pack, and enables users to invoke VBA code, running macros against Excel files. You can see more info about it and all of its properties here.
- The Write Range activity corrupted
.xlsfiles which were saved in the Excel 97-2003 Workbook format and had the Range property set to start from the B or greater column.
- An exception was thrown if you used the Read Range activity with the Range property set to
- A Read Range activity with the UseFilter property box selected threw an exception at runtime.
- Fixed an issue which caused Read Column to read only the A column in a workbook.
This release brings a new activity to the pack, which enables the user to save the workbook that is being used during the runtime of an Excel Application Scope. Also, a new property has been added for the Excel Application Scope, which specifies if the changes made to the workbook are to be saved automatically after exiting the Scope activity. Several known issues have been fixed, as can be seen below.
- The AutoSave property has been added to the Excel Application Scope, enabling all child activities of this container to save the workbook after their execution ends.
- The Save Workbook activity has been added. This is a child activity of the Excel Application Scope container. It enables the user to save changes made to the workbook throughout the body of the Excel Application Scope.
- The AddHeaders property of the Read Range activity is now set to True by default.
- The Get Cell Color activity's Output property category is now spelled correctly, for all you grammar aficionados out there.
- If the WorkbookPath property points to an
.xlsmfile that doesn't exist, the file is now created without any issues.
- The IsPivot property of the Get Table Range activity does not function properly.
- The Read Column activity fails to properly read columns with empty cells.
- Assigning a variable and then using the Execute Macro activity with the variable as input throws an exception.