The Workbook Read Range activity returned incorrect values when reading cells that contained hyperlinks.
The Excel Copy Sheet activity does not function properly with Office 2010 and 2013 versions.
This brings a major update to the Excel Activities Pack, which features 14 new activities:
- Create Table - Creates a table from a specified range.
- Insert/Delete Rows - Adds or removes a specified number of rows at a certain position.
- Insert/Delete Columns - Adds or removes a specified number of columns at a certain position.
- Remove Duplicates Range - Deletes all the rows that are duplicates in a specified range.
- Copy Paste Range - Copies an entire range, including values, formulas, table format, and cell format, and pastes it to a specified sheet.
- LookUp Range - Searches in a specified range for the coordinates of a cell with a certain value and returns them as String variables.
- Get Workbook Sheet - Looks for a sheet based on its index and returns its name as a String variable.
- Get Workbook Sheets - Returns a list of all the sheet names in a workbook as String variables, ordered by their index.
- Auto Fill Range - Takes the formulas defined in the rule range and adapts them to the end range, mimicking the Autofill functionality in Excel.
- Refresh Pivot Table - Refreshes a specified pivot table.
- Create Pivot Table - Creates a pivot table from a specified range.
- Get Selected Range - Returns the selected range as a String variable.
- Copy Sheet - Copies a sheet from a specified workbook and pastes it to a specified workbook. If no other workbook is specified, it is copied to the source file.
- Delete Range - Deletes all the rows in a specified range.
Also, the new PreserveFormat property check box enables the Read Cell, Read Column, Read Row, and Read Range activities keep the formatting of cells they work with, whether it's currency, date, or anything else.
The moment is finally here - the entire UiPath Platform has been localized, so that you can have a truly immersive experience, from install to design and execution. Now, besides English, you can access everything, including our online documentation, in Japanese.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Read Range activity to improperly read worksheets that had the first row empty.
- The Read Range activity did not read the cell specified in the Range property if the Use Filter check box was not selected.
This pack brings several new key features for Excel automation, including new properties for Excel Application Scope and Execute Macro. Bug fixes were applied to multiple areas, and a new activity has also joined the pack, enabling users to invoke VBA functions for passing macros, called Invoke VBA.
- A new property, EditPassword, has been added to the Excel Application Scope activity. It can hold the password needed for editing protected workbooks.
- To avoid situations when a new workbook was automatically created when the path was not correctly specified, Excel Application Scope now has a new property, Create New File. Once selected, if no workbook can be found at the specified path, a new workbook file is created at the same path.
- Two new properties have been added to the Execute Macro activity. Macro Parameters enables you to pass multiple parameters to a macro when running it, while Macro Output retrieves any values returned by executing the macro.
- The Invoke VBA activity has been introduced to the Excel pack, and enables users to invoke VBA code, running macros against Excel files. You can see more info about it and all of its properties here.
- The Write Range activity corrupted
.xlsfiles which were saved in the Excel 97-2003 Workbook format and had the Range property set to start from the B or greater column.
- An exception was thrown if you used the Read Range activity with the Range property set to
- A Read Range activity with the UseFilter property box selected threw an exception at runtime.
- Fixed an issue which caused Read Column to read only the A column in a workbook.
This release brings a new activity to the pack, which enables the user to save the workbook that is being used during the runtime of an Excel Application Scope. Also, a new property has been added for the Excel Application Scope, which specifies if the changes made to the workbook are to be saved automatically after exiting the Scope activity. Several known issues have been fixed, as can be seen below.
- The AutoSave property has been added to the Excel Application Scope, enabling all child activities of this container to save the workbook after their execution ends.
- The Save Workbook activity has been added. This is a child activity of the Excel Application Scope container. It enables the user to save changes made to the workbook throughout the body of the Excel Application Scope.
- The AddHeaders property of the Read Range activity is now set to True by default.
- The Get Cell Color activity's Output property category is now spelled correctly, for all you grammar aficionados out there.
- If the WorkbookPath property points to an
.xlsmfile that doesn't exist, the file is now created without any issues.
- The IsPivot property of the Get Table Range activity does not function properly.
- The Read Column activity fails to properly read columns with empty cells.
- Assigning a variable and then using the Execute Macro activity with the variable as input throws an exception.